Subscribe For Free Updates!

We'll not spam mate! We promise.

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Shalane Flanagan aiming for top 3 in Boston

This month's Boston Marathon will be Shalane Flanagan's last race at 26.2 miles before next February's U.S. Olympic marathon trials in Los Angeles. As usual, America's top distance runner is heading to the starting line in Hopkinton with aspirations she's not afraid to share.

"My primary goal is to make it onto the podium because I've never done that before," said Flanagan, who finished seventh last year and fourth in 2013, and has never made secret her desire to win.

"If I know I'm in the top three, then I'll get greedier from there. I want to secure the mentality of aiming for the top three because that's important in the next year -- it's important to make the Olympic team and at the Olympics, too."

Flanagan usually describes some grueling combination of mental and physical fatigue leading up to race day, but this time around a shortened training cycle has her feeling less like she's hanging on and more like she's still building momentum as her taper begins.

0 comments:

Post a Comment